You might have read the term ‘MSP’ and wondered what it means. The abbreviation stands for ‘managed service provider’.
This is a concept in which businesses outsource certain services to specialist companies. Outsourcing has long been understood as a cost-cutting move.
What Functions Does MSP Perform?
Overwhelmingly, the term MSP applies to outsourced IT services. Particularly, the following areas of business activity are regularly performed by MSPs:
• Managing IT infrastructure
• Adding cybersecurity hardening to IT systems
• Offering technical support to staff
• Managing user access accounts on clients’ systems
• Offering fully managed hardware outsourcing
MSPs can offer remote storage or servers and provide Software-as-a-Service. Some managed service providers just supply hard-to-find IT expertise to prevent problems on a client’s system or assist users with usage difficulties.